Information for Attorneys Regarding Court Hearings
Obtaining an Adjournment of an upcoming hearing
To obtain an adjournment of a 341 Meeting of Creditors or the Hearing on Confirmation you must do the following:
- ensure your client is current with plan payments
Please note there is a 5-8 business day turnaround for payment to be received in the Trustee’s office. Payments listed as “in process” or “in transit” do not count as payments having been made.
- certified bank check or money order. Please make sure the case number is written directly on the bank check or money order. DO NOT write it on the envelope or a separate note.
- upload the necessary documents to the Trustee’s Website.
Pursuant to Federal Law you are required to redact identifying information before uploading documents. Documents not redacted will not be reviewed and will be rejected.
- Once you have ensured that the debtor(s) has made the required payment(s) by viewing the National Data Center and/or the Trustee’s Website , and you have satisfied the request for documents made by the Trustee you may email the appropriate staff member to request your adjournment.
- For 341 Meeting of Creditors and Hearings on Confirmation/Motion to Dismiss held in Brooklyn Courts (pre-confirmed cases), please email Saniyyah
- For 341 Meeting of Creditors and Hearings on Confirmation/Motions to Dismiss in Central Islip Courts (pre-confirmed cases) please send an email to Christine for cases assigned to Judge Grossman or Documents Email for cases assigned to Judge Scarcella
- For Motions to Dismiss/Modify/Reinstate/Sell etc. (confirmed cases only) please email Janine or Alexandria or Stephanie
Please note if you have a pending Motion to Dismiss scheduled two weeks before your inquiry please send an email to Paralegal handling that particular Judge. If the hearing is more than two weeks away it is a general inquiry and should be directed to the paralegal handling those inquiries**
Please DO NOT email any documents to the Staff, unless otherwise noted. Documents sent via email will not be reviewed or considered. All Documents must be uploaded to the Trustee’s Website or emailed if you represent yourself.
Sending/Following up on Documents to the Trustee
- Click Here to obtain information on uploading documents to the Trustee
- To follow-up on your cases and get information on the documents needed please send an email to the following Staff members:
- 341 Meeting of Creditors and Confirmation/Motion Hearings held in Brooklyn (pre-confirmed cases only): Saniyyah
- 341 Meeting of Creditors and Confirmation/Motion Hearings held in Central Islip (pre-confirmed cases only): Please email Christine for cases assigned to Judge Grossman and Documents Email for cases assigned to Judge Scarcella.
- Motions to dismiss/reinstate/modify/sell etc. (confirmed cases only): Janine or Alexandria or Stephanie
Please note: ONLY signed copies of the debtor(s) petition, schedules, plan will be accepted. This includes amendments.
Please allow a reasonable amount of time for the documents to be reviewed once they have been uploaded.